Join me in Astoria, Oregon for a morning of playful, hands-on explorations of materials in the Early Childhood curriculum!
Children are wired to explore their world through play. Yet, with increasing pressure for young children to engage with early academics for school readiness, children's time is more structured, giving them less time to engage playfully with their world to make meaning.
In this workshop, teachers will immerse themselves in play with materials to make a personal reconnection with the role of play in learning. There will be interesting and engaging play materials and prompts to inspire and ignite creative work and problem solving. Participants will play, reflect, and plan how to infuse play throughout their curriculum.
This workshop includes:
- Lots of hands-on play!
- Sourcing free- and low-cost materials
- Curating materials for children's deep, focused engagement
- Understanding the importance of child-led free play in learning and development
- The role of the adult in free play
- Making play-based learning visible (documentation)
Participants will receive a one-year membership to Bakers and Astronauts online workshops, included with their registration!